Incubator Ѡεҍ ₵ѧʍ! Hatching!

I love your bator cams!!! And you need to PM me about this whole confederate thing
wink.png

Do you really have the poor dears up on their side?

Were you having trouble with bantam Cochins or standards?

I hatch every week and bantam Cochins are always in there. I never pluck or cut my birds. They lay their eggs, I pick up and put in the incubator tray. I never tilt the tray while waiting on other eggs and my hatches are always 98% or better.
You can see how fluffy my birds are on my website....if the links work yet. DH is still working on it.

I have been breeding bantam Cochins for 4 years and the only issue I found to give me fertility fits was nutrition. I mix my own now and also use feed from the mill down the road that tries to have organic grains. When I fed laying pellets to my first Cochins they did not give me babies. Now I have almost 150 chicks just since Sept. Fertility isn't a problem in any of my breeding pens.

Yeah, on their side but not where they will hang out of the eggs. In the cam it looks like as the upper row hatches and pops the top the gravity will pull them down. If that is so then they don't get a chance to loosen the umbilical cord by kicking out of the shell. That kicking and twisting out of the shell is good for the chick to help loosen the cord and start the body to really absorbing that yolk. It may work out fine but I have never seen this before and will watch to see what happens on your cam.

I've did several hatches like this without anything bad happening. I think it actually helps.

Wont be home tomorrow to watch. Have to work out of town.

First one is starting to hatch now though. Enjoy the show.
caf.gif
pop.gif

When the eggs wiggle do they fall from the tray?
That would be interesting. I don't have time to watch but I I have it on a tab so I can check during emails.

Back
Top Bottom