Incubator advice please

Aug 16, 2021
I’ve hatched 4 chicks from this incubator before (I’ll tell you the incubator type when I remember 😂) but only one was on time, the rest were 2-3 days late and one was deformed (we ended it’s sufferening 😔) but I need some advice on the correct temperature, humidity, how much water to add, and how to properly use this incubator, ASAP. (There are no eggs in the incubator currently and i just started it up a minute ago).
31BB8CD5-77AC-4EE8-853D-44FF9914B24B.jpeg

What type incubator do you have?

Typically 99.5 F is the correct temperature and 50% humidity until lockdown and then increase your humidity to 60% generally speaking.

What breeds are you trying to hatch?

The issues your having sound like humidity fluctuations but an erratic temperature swing can kill the developing chicks as well.

Have you looked at the eggs that didn’t hatch? I mean open the eggs to check stage of development? This information will help determine the issue as well.

Typically 99.5 F is the correct temperature and 50% humidity until lockdown and then increase your humidity to 60% generally speaking.

The issues your having sound like humidity fluctuations but an erratic temperature swing can kill the developing chicks as well.

Have you looked at the eggs that didn’t hatch? I mean open the eggs to check stage of development? This information will help determine the issue as well.
No, i didn’t check the eggs that didn’t hatch. Also I am planning to put eggs in the incubator tonight (maybe an hour) so that’s why i was looking for some immediate advice. I’m trying to hatch I believe, Aracaunnas.

I just found out i have an incubator that’s considered the worst, yet i watched a video on youtube that the person has 3 of these incubators and likes them a lot, nevertheless, my incubator is an YZ24A incubator (HHDmini).

Thank you so much for the advice, I had the temperature on 37.6 C so I was really close 😅
My humidity must have been wrong last time 🤔 also last time i didn’t put my eggs into lockdown... oops.

Last edited:
For what it's worth, because I'm a pre-beginner just reading up on the basics, but did you have a separate, calibrated thermometer and hygrometer to double-check temperature and humidity?
...No lol, i did hear that the incubator thermometer can be very off track though

No, i didn’t check the eggs that didn’t hatch. Also I am planning to put eggs in the incubator tonight (maybe an hour) so that’s why i was looking for some immediate advice. I’m trying to hatch I believe, Aracaunnas.

I just found out i have an incubator that’s considered the worst, yet i watched a video on youtube that the person has 3 of these incubators and likes them a lot, nevertheless, my incubator is an YZ24A incubator (HHDmini).
I have never heard of that incubator but is it a circulated air, still air does it have a fan? You need to put a separate thermostat and humidity gage in the incubator and watch it carefully there’s so many factors that are unique to your location it’s very hard to assist you but watching temp and humidity is very important

I have never heard of that incubator but is it a circulated air, still air does it have a fan? You need to put a separate thermostat and humidity gage in the incubator and watch it carefully there’s so many factors that are unique to your location it’s very hard to assist you but watching temp and humidity is very important
I make sure to check on the temperature and humidity quite often. And my incubator does not have a fan, it’s still air. Unique to my location?

Back
Top Bottom