Incubator and Just Hatched HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by thereverend, Oct 3, 2010.

1. thereverend

thereverend Out Of The Brooder

May 15, 2010
    I have just hatched 3 of 18 eggs in my incubator yesterday.

My question is this. I am moving them to the brooder today

but while the 3 musketeers were in there they knocked all the eggs around that have not hatched yet.
    is this ok? will the others now still hatch or could they have harmed the unborn chicks by knocking them
    all around. HELP please let me know what to do?

2. NottinghamChicks

NottinghamChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

No way to tell unless they have cracked them. If not, I would just wait it out and see. Hope they hatch out for you!!

3. harris farm

harris farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2010
    Louisiana
    The way i look at it is in real life, the hen is always moving around and the eggs / new chicks are in the mix. So in my eyes i dont think its a problem. Hope this helps.

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:Under a broody they don't get rolled all over like they do on the floor of an incubator. They are nestled down in the nest. That is why I started hatching in cartons a couple of years ago....I was tired of the early hatchers playing kick ball with the still hatching eggs.

5. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)
    The last broody I had with chicks was really rough on her eggs. She would scratch all the litter out of the center of the nest box and then she had her eggs right on the wood. Then she would turn them with her beak over end to end and them scratch them around. I thought, "Oh geez, she's gonna kill them all". She did good though, most of them hatched. Now I don't worry about how rough I turn them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by