Incubator Broken

jaywin

Chirping
Apr 28, 2020
got up this morning to see temp down to 25 degrees Celsius, no idea how long its been off as the fan was still running so could have cooled quickly.
going to buy a new incubator as soon as shop opens.
could they survive if temp has been low for a long time?
They went in on the 16th so are day 12.
currently wrapped in blanket with hot water bottle under the tray. :(

Hoo boy. Everyones worst nightmare!

Best case scenario is the eggs hatch later than usual. I wouldnt give up but would also be prepaired for a poor hatch.

Be sure when wrapped in the blanket that the air vent is not blocked. Keep us updated please.

What brand of incubator?
Having a name brand makes a big difference. Many off of ebay from china are not reliable.
Hi
Mid range cost incubator but went as soon as local shop opened and bought a Brinsea. All now in and fingers crossed. Ten days to go so I’ll ll let you know but thank you I feel better knowing there is still a chance they’ll hatch even if a bit late.

Brinsea is an excellent incubator.
It may not save this hatch but will certainly be sucessful in the future.

Being half way through incubation, not sure what the outcome will be but cooler temps are better than too hot. It would help to know how long they were cool. Try candling in 3 days to check on them.

And update!

Brinsea is an excellent incubator.
It may not save this hatch but will certainly be sucessful in the future.

Being half way through incubation, not sure what the outcome will be but cooler temps are better than too hot. It would help to know how long they were cool. Try candling in 3 days to check on them.

And update!
I don’t think they were cool for too long as the fan was still going and the temp was 25 so feel it would have been cooler if it had been off a long time as the fan would have been blowing cold air- I had an addition thermometer on you see so could still see the temp.
When I candle in a few days how will I know if they have died?

Back
Top Bottom