1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Incubator buyer help

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by pw_quiltworks, Sep 8, 2016.

1. pw_quiltworks

pw_quiltworks One Handy Chick

Jan 7, 2009
    Maine
    [​IMG]

I am wondering if anyone has this incubator. I am thinking of getting it because the two expensive ones I bought broke the heating elements. If you do have one I would like to know how your hatches did. I assume I will have to turn the eggs a couple times a day. It does not say it does it automatically. Thanks in advance.

2. Carpenter

Carpenter Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2013
    I don't have the one in your photo but I have one similar in size. The Brinsea Mini Advance is a great incubator. It has an automatic turner and a reservoir for water to maintain humidity levels. I highly recommend it. As long as your eggs are fertile you will have a great hatching rate.

3. pw_quiltworks

pw_quiltworks One Handy Chick

Jan 7, 2009
    Maine
    That is a very nice incubator. Maybe I will try one. Thanks for the post.

4. Carpenter

Carpenter Out Of The Brooder

Aug 21, 2013

You're welcome!

5. laceyyates

laceyyates Out Of The Brooder

Sep 9, 2016
    I have a "chinese cheapie". Our controls look similar, but mine is a 48 egg turner. I'm looking it so far (it's spot on with temp and humidity - I have an extra thermometer and hygronometer inside just in case. I would recommend! When I first got mine, the alarm wouldn't go off (I really didn't know what I was doing) called the distributor, and they were great! They offered a refund or replacement regardless that I have a working bator.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by