Incubator Crash

FluffyColor

Crowing
12 Years
May 31, 2009
Queens, NY
Well,anyone who's looked at my sig knows I have duck eggs setting.These guys will hatch Dec.1.

Today,while I was doing my homework,my desk chair started movng backwards and,before I could do anything about it,the chair had crashed into my incubator.For a few seconds,I just stared at the incubator.Then,after I recovered from my shock,I opened it to check my eggs.There were still six of them.A couple were wet,though.None were cracked except one that was craked when I set it.These eggs are store bought,from Whole Foods.A few were turned on the wrong side.After I inspected the damage,I began to intervene.I turned them all on the right side if they were turned by the crash,tried to wipe off the wet ones (they were wet from humidity water that escaped through the holes in the platform),and closed it.When I looked at the thermometer,it said 90 degrees.I don't know whether that was from my opening it or from the crash itself.

Will the ducklings survive?Is there anything else I should do because of the crash?What if the crash killed all the ducklings?Oh,I can't bear to think about it!
hit.gif

Anyone else want to share my nerves?

lol.. if you read through the halloween hatch thread, Mayapooh had her cat knock over her incubator.. like to the floor... a few days before lockdown... some eggs cracked...
i think she did lose some, but an amazing number did survive... it's over 100 posts, i don't know where the crash happened, but it's a fun little read ...
or maybe she'll find this thread and pop in for moral support.. she's been through it...

if they just got rolled around a little, i'm guessing they should be fine...

wait a min... you got duck eggs from whole foods??? did you crack one to check fertility?? i may have to visit whole foods.. i need some girls for my boys.. lol...

Back
Top Bottom