INCUBATOR EGGS HATCHING HELP

Pekin747

Songster
Feb 20, 2019
Ireland
I have set my brinsea octagon advance incubator with duck eggs they r due to hatch tomorrow but 2 r already out now its showing up sensor error and beeping like crazy and saying 600+ Celsius
And the bottom is saying H9% +T
Why is it doing this it was perfect throughout the first 26 27 days
Before I left it it was at 70% humidity is there anyway I can fix this without loosing my ducklings
Any help appreciated

Don't know about the incubator, but do you have one of those electric toaster ovens with a warm setting? I used mine with a tray with water and checked the temperature so that it was at 90 degrees and my chick is going on 8 days without a problem, it actually basically hatched in there.

Ok so the most likely reason this is happening is because of the ducklings that have hatched.
Firstly when they hatch humidity shoots up to 80-90%. I open vents at this point to lower humidity and help them dry.
The raised humidity can lower temperatures as I recently reported somewhere due to the evaporative effect of all the added moisture in the incubator. Again remove the moisture without opening the incubator.
But another thing that can easily happen is that a duckling can either be sitting on the sensor or just near it to mess up the readings.

For now maybe just turn down the heat to make sure nothing overheats.

Within 2 hours of them hatching take them out into their brooder and things should stabilize again. Then you turn everything back to the original settings if you changed them and watch out for the next hatchlings

Ok so the most likely reason this is happening is because of the ducklings that have hatched.
Firstly when they hatch humidity shoots up to 80-90%. I open vents at this point to lower humidity and help them dry.
The raised humidity can lower temperatures as I recently reported somewhere due to the evaporative effect of all the added moisture in the incubator. Again remove the moisture without opening the incubator.
But another thing that can easily happen is that a duckling can either be sitting on the sensor or just near it to mess up the readings.

For now maybe just turn down the heat to make sure nothing overheats.

Within 2 hours of them hatching take them out into their brooder and things should stabilize again. Then you turn everything back to the original settings if you changed them and watch out for the next hatchlings
I've moved what's out into a broade and the sensors r on top would the ducklings still effect it

Hopefully someone with Brinsea will chime in, but maybe your humidity got too high (or some water/humidity got somewhere it wasn't supposed to be) - if so then maybe (...) it will sort itself out once dry (althought that isn't very helpful for your current hatch).

Do you have extra thermometer&hygrometer you can use? I don't know, but if your bator reads 600C (1112F) then I would guess it will stop heating (unless you're lucky and it is only the displaying part that is faulty).

Isn't Brinsea known for excellent customer service? If so, maybe try to reach out to them and see. I'm afraid there isn't much you can do until after the hatch (and let the bator dry out and see if that helps).

I agree, first try to contact Brinsea.

Do you have a thermometer or hydrometer you can use to verify what is going in in there?

To me it sounds more like a sensor error than anything else. I'm not familiar with that incubator though so I don't know how much sensor error affects the actual operation. I don't have a good feeling about that.

What you need now is a hatcher, not an incubator. Exact temperature isn't hugely important, the embryos are generating a lot of heat themselves. The temperature should be in the right range but mainly don't cook the eggs. Even a couple of degrees too cool is OK. You do need high humidity. I don't know what you have to use. It can be something as simple as a shoe box, a hot water bottle, and an open container of warm water. At this stage just do the best you can.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom