Incubator fix???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by PulletSurprise, Jun 19, 2008.

1. PulletSurprise

PulletSurprise Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2008
    Salem OR
    So, I'm on my 4th batch of eggs [​IMG] I have killed the last 3 batches. There is no humidity here in Oregon, so I have a very hard time getting my humidity up to 65% and steady. I have to put a little bowl of water and 2 sponges in. I do NOT open up the let red plugs because the humidity and heat go right out the top. So I think my little eggies are not getting enough air and dieing. [​IMG] Well I decided today to poke little holes, the size that are already there, around the sides of the bator. They are egg height and I poked a couple in the middle and around the bottom. Hopefully, when day 18 hits this time, I should be able to keep air to them AND the humidity steady [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I just put the eggs in the new fix and today is day 7 for them. I'm watching the temperature and humidity and so far so good. [​IMG] Wish me luck all! I NEED it [​IMG]

2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

GOOD LUCK!

3. mamaboyd

mamaboyd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Kendal.Ontario,Canada
    Best of Luck!! [​IMG]

4. irishmsred

irishmsred New Egg

Apr 22, 2008
    I was having same problem with humidity. I read on a post to use maxi pads. I used long super maxi pads soaked with warm water. It made a big difference. My first hatch was four out 24. My second(using the maxi pads) was 21 out of 24. [​IMG]

5. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    What kind of bator do you have? I have a hova 1588-fill up the middle well on day 18, and fold on of those microfiber towels to about 3x8" and soak it. I use a syringe to add more water to it as needed. My humidity always stays right at 68-70%, and I live very close to you. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by