Incubator for hire?

Vcomb

Songster
11 Years
Aug 19, 2008
South Dakota
My Coop
My Coop
A friend of mine recently told me he'd like to send me some hatching eggs...only prob is he wants to do this within a week as his hens are laying and I don't have an incubator set up. I plan to set up an small old one tomorrow and I have a bantam hen who is setting but just in case I'd like to find someone within the northeastern, or at least eastern half of Nebraska with an incubator running that does a good job hatching eggs to possibly hatch them for me? I'd be willing to pay the person for going to the trouble of helping me out.

I just wanna have multiple contingency plans.....

So....anyone fit the bill?
Thanks!

Josh

Sorry, your way too far..I do wished I lived up thataway, very pretty country.

We used to have a cabin by Lynch (west of Niobrara), but sold it last year, or I woulda said we could make the trip and get the eggs, since we were up there every other weekend. Now we never get up that way, darnit!

Good luck, there are a few folks I believe in your area.

that's a good idea happyhens, i'll check into it as well.

thndrdancr - my grandpa used to have a cabin up by lynch too. real neat place up there.

Quote:
that is true I could make one, but I'm more looking for a tried & true incubator as a backup rather than using these eggs as a "test pilot" for a new or homemade incubator. I have 3 huge ones but right now we have no room in the house and it'll be awhile before I get the shed revamped for a room for them. I'll check the thread out though and maybe print off the directions for future reference.
smile.png

They are part of the local university.
I think you could look in your phonebook under county.
Or search in google for county extension or 4H info in your county and that will lead you right to the extension.
Carolyn

Back
Top Bottom