I've been searching around and I haven't found anything on this subject, so here goes. I got a 1602-N model hova-bator (thermal air) and it works nicely. However it's been releasing a horrible plastic or chemical smell, and it's especially bad inside. I left it running overnight to warm up before I put in my quail eggs, and my whole room smells like it even with a fan and some cracked open windows. Is this normal? Will the smell wear off or is it defective? I'm worried about the styrofoam overheating and giving off toxic fumes.