Incubator Ideas? *I'm Back*

thatduckguyy

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 25, 2011
Hey guys! I am gonna start hatching again in the spring time, jw if anyone had some incubator ideas? Thanks!

You talking about homemade incubators?, because I love to help people with their homemade incubators. I have two on my page that I made last winter, and I made a fridge incubator in Summer 2011.

I'm starting on a new one. I got a mini freezer I guess it is what it is. Ordered a heating element from Incubator Warehouse and have several fans here to choose from. I got a electronic thermostat and a wafer thermostat for a backup. I am trying to figure out how much airflow I need so I can make a choice on which fan to use.

incu.jpg

Is the heating element the type with the coil, and the porcelain holders. Is it the Flex-Watt. I like the thermostats you have for the incubator. Depending on how nice you would like the incubator too look. I would use 2 small metal desk fans pointing down from the top. Or you could buy one like the ones they put in Sportman incubators.

I have 3 fans like that is in the Sportsman but better quality. They are Dayton fans. In this incubator I will install the coil with the 6 ceramic holders. It will have a false back so it gets complete circulation. I have built several in the last few weeks but sold them when I showed them off. I am going to keep this one. I am seriously thinking about making this a part time hobby. I actually made a few bucks.

Well, if you are making them and selling them, you don't want to use things that aren't necessary, and 2 probably aren't necessary, but I forgot that you sold these incubators. I also didn't think for a minute about the size of this freezer you are using. I bet putting it in the top right corner would be good though, blowing air down. As for the turners, I have never used the GQF turners, I am accustom to the hand turning mechanism I have in my cooler incubator, and the Little Giant egg turners.

Back
Top Bottom