Incubator in basement

Grindlefamily

Songster
11 Years
Mar 30, 2008
Fairfield, ME
Since weather here has been hot to cold and everything in between I was thinking of running by incubator in the basement where the temp is steady. Well, I set it up today to give it a couple days to settle in (yeah - I want to be sure it is ready to go) and I put a little water in, and my humidity is at over 70%. Now, I am thinking that I will empty out the water - but since it is in the basement the humidity could still run a bit higher than if it were upstairs in the very unstable temps. ??

Any good hints appreciated!

Louella

I keep my incubator in my closet..lol

i've tried everywhere in the house and the closet seems to do it..the temp stays steady and the humidity
smile.png

I do the same as connie. I did my first hatch in the basement and just set the dehumidifier to a lower setting. Seemed to work without a problem. Good luck.

Try it without adding any water and see what your readings are. Then add a little at a time paying attention to how much you add so you will know when you have to refill the water, until the humidity level is right.

I set mine up in the basement too and have been really pleased at how consistent the temp is. Hasn't budged off 100 for 4 days! I have a dehumidifier running constantly down there, so I only added water to one trough. It's remained steady at 47% until this morning. Down to 45% so I'll add a little today. Want to keep it 45-50%, right?

Back
Top Bottom