Incubator Input Appreciated

I like it! What kind of elevation are you at? We are high and dry here at 7000+, which from all I've read can also complicate things for incubating.

I may end up getting the model you have, but I'd appreciate any more input from everyone! I'll probably be purchasing this evening. My long term goal is to eventually be raising show birds, as I have access to excellent stock, but for the time being, I just plan on selling the chicks at the local critter swap.

I'm very excited - I just purchased a 2370 to incubate my first set of eggs! Any advice about using it for the first time?

I'm very excited - I just purchased a 2370 to incubate my first set of eggs! Any advice about using it for the first time?
Cool! We hatched a lot of guinea keets in that incubator this past summer! Running it for awhile without eggs would be smart, moving your calibrated thermometer around to see where your hot spots are. Check humidity and which wells to fill to get it where you want it. Like most small incubators, it will perform better when mostly full of eggs. Stones and the like can be used to similarly moderate the temperature. Mine came preset to 100 F, but I had much better success turning its setting to 99.5, even though air temps were lower than expected. Incubation times were not long, and almost every egg hatched at setting of 99.5, about 45% humidity until lockdown. Again, these were for guinea eggs, so maybe a little drier for chickens. Best of luck with your new incubator!!!

Cool! We hatched a lot of guinea keets in that incubator this past summer! Running it for awhile without eggs would be smart, moving your calibrated thermometer around to see where your hot spots are. Check humidity and which wells to fill to get it where you want it. Like most small incubators, it will perform better when mostly full of eggs. Stones and the like can be used to similarly moderate the temperature. Mine came preset to 100 F, but I had much better success turning its setting to 99.5, even though air temps were lower than expected. Incubation times were not long, and almost every egg hatched at setting of 99.5, about 45% humidity until lockdown. Again, these were for guinea eggs, so maybe a little drier for chickens. Best of luck with your new incubator!!!
Thank you so much for all your suggestions!

Back
Top Bottom