Incubator is awesome,besides all the criticism.

Quote:
Right now I am about 65%.Its ok for a homemade incubator.We had two jumbo cortunix hens and a bobwhite roo.Now we have the bobwhite roo,One jumbo coturnix hen,one standard coturnix hen,and one Texas a & m coturnix hen.Plus 5 quail chicks of a mixed medley sort.LOL!

thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Good luck and keep up posted! I'm going to start getting all my stuff together real soon. Been trying to find people that want chicks just so I can hatch some since I definetly don't need anymore!! A friend offered us some of their wild turkey eggs to hatch so I'm still trying to talk hubby into that!!
smile.png

Missi

I made this incubator with a 10 gal tank 60 watt bulb, but I am having trouble with the tempature not staying up at 99 degrees. sometimes it drops down as low as 95 degrees. Any suggestions?

What do you do with the wire for lock down? Let them hatch on the wire? Take it out? Put something over it?

If you duct tape all around the top glass how do you get in and out to turn eggs?

Quote:
On the wire I have a 18 egg carton that I now put them in so I can turn them.They do hatch on the wire before without them falling thru the holes.

The top-glass edges only have duct tape around it so We wont get cut on the edge of the glass.The whole thing isn't taped.

I have a friend that puts those rubber shelf liners over his wire when they go in lockdown.
He said it works great and he can clean them easily.

Missi

Back
Top Bottom