Incubator is HERE!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by calgal98, May 18, 2009.

1. calgal98

calgal98 Chillin' With My Peeps

I've been having such second thoughts about this purchase....I know how addictive my behavior can be....OMG!!! I'm in trouble!

My new Dickey arrived today. I've ordered over 2 dzn eggs and hopefully a few more if they get back to me. Am I truely DOOMED??? *Hits forehead with palm*[​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2009
  2. NancyP

NancyP Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Bonifay,Florida
    [​IMG] Let the party begin. [​IMG]

3. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    DH is ordering mine at the end of this month I can't wait. I have been using the dreaded Little Giant and although I have had no trouble (knock on wood) I can't wait until I can really go to town hatching.

4. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Overrun With Chickens

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    Total envy and jealousy from here [​IMG] Proud of you both! Now get to hatchin! LOL. I want one so bad, all these little homemades have to do til it's time for the Dickey!!!

5. JewellFarm

JewellFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Lebanon, Virginia
    OOHHH I am green with Jealousy. I want one!!!! [​IMG]

Happy Hatching!

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2009
  6. addicted2chicks

addicted2chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2009
    Michigan
    Congrats! Never heard of them so just checked out the website, which one did you go with? The electronic or wafer thermostat?

7. calgal98

I got the electronic. It has a wafer back-up. I also got the auto-fill humidity control. I'm seriously busy at home and don't want to have to do more than a time or two a day of watching. Otherwise, would have to stop making cheese and soap!! LOL.

8. pattyjean73

pattyjean73 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    NW Arkansas
    Congrats I know you'll have fun with those babies! My styrofoam bators will have to do me for awhile. Unless I can convince my DH to let me have a big ole hen farm! ha ha

9. DANNY

DANNY Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2009
    GAINESVILLE, GEORGIA
    I have had good hatches in my dickey with the electronic thermostat including chickens, turkeys and even peafowl. I have always strggled hatching peafowl before.

10. calgal98

Thats good to know. I'm gathering eggs for my first go round with incubating. Most coming this week and another dozen next week. Should be interesting in June. I also have 3 does due to kid in June. Will be busy!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by