Incubator Issues

2 E's farm

In the Brooder
Mar 24, 2018
Ok, the digital readout on my forced air incubator reads 96.5 degrees but my thermometer inside the incubator reads 99.5. Any idea which one I should believe? Help!!

If the one you put in is known to be accurate and caibrated use it.

What type of incubator?

Most of them can be off. I never trust an incubator.

Ok, the digital readout on my forced air incubator reads 96.5 degrees but my thermometer inside the incubator reads 99.5. Any idea which one I should believe? Help!!
There are different temps in there. Heat rises. At the height of the eggs will give a different reading that a reading at the top of the lid. It is always good to have 2 to 3 different thermometers anyway. Most hobby incubators have built in thermometers that are not accurate and are primarily used as a set up and acclimation reading. Go by the thermometers that are laying on the top of your eggs. The same thing as far as hydrometers are recommended as well.

some people say never believe the incubator i dont use my incubators temp reader i have a digital one too and it does great
Like I quoted, the built in meters are for setting up the incubators. I have several brands. ALL the instruction manuals say THEY ARE A BASIC GUIDE LINE and they all recommend the use of secondary meters.

There are different temps in there. Heat rises. At the height of the eggs will give a different reading that a reading at the top of the lid. It is always good to have 2 to 3 different thermometers anyway. Most hobby incubators have built in thermometers that are not accurate and are primarily used as a set up and acclimation reading. Go by the thermometers that are laying on the top of your eggs. The same thing as far as hydrometers are recommended as well.
I hope I did not fry my eggs the first day I used it. Thank you for the help.

Back
Top Bottom