Incubator issues

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Ivy061, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Ivy061

Ivy061 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 11, 2010
    Sulphur, LA
    Well,. I decided I would finally try incubating my own eggs . I ordered a dozen from Crazy K Farms and added in about five of my own.
    It's been four days and everythings been going smoothly until just now. I walked into my room to find that the temp on my bator was at 110. [​IMG]
    I checked it about 2 hours ago and it was at a pleasant 100 degrees.

So, what I was wondering was if there is even a slim chance of the growing fetuses surviving. I don't even know if it's worth continuing as what I've heard is that temps above 104 can instantly kill any growing eggs.

I have no clue what caused such a drastic leap in temps but I did successfully lower it back down to 100. Any advice?
  2. mrslb333

mrslb333 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    It depends how long it was up for. Hopefully they will be ok, candle in a few days. [​IMG]
  3. FarmGirl01

FarmGirl01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    Don't give up.
  4. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    My Coop
    Quote:X2, Keep the faith... One of my incubators went down to 93 the one day because of a power outage. When the power came back on the incubator went up to 115. Another time on our coldest night We lost power, I was 2 weeks into incubation. The temp in the incubator was 78 degrees when I discovered it. I put the incubator on a battery pack with an inverter and brought the temp back up. I was really worried but I still had good hatches.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by