Incubator just blew up!

Nov 5, 2018
Birmingham UK
This is more of a rant than a question. I'm 5 days into incubating a dozen Chinese painted/button quail eggs, which I candled yesterday and all of them have embryos inside - and my incubator just blew up.:barnie

By blew up I mean it made a little popping sound, powered off and started emitting smoke from the main electronic section. It is a Janoel 10 and has served me well for a couple of years. It's been very hot in England for the past few days (30 degrees Celsius or 85F.) Could this be the reason?:confused:

Anyway I have a tiny serama hen who is currently broody and I've stowed the eggs under her for the night but I am not optimistic. The serama lays some small eggs but these quail eggs are positively tiny and so very fragile. I'm convinced she is going to smash one or more and ruin the lot. Possibly even eat them. :sick

It's been very hot in England for the past few days (30 degrees Celsius or 85F.) Could this be the reason?
I doubt that would be the reason, I just recently hatched quail eggs after the incubator had been sitting by the window during a mild heat wave (103 F/ 39.4 C). You probably just had a faulty machine/faulty parts but I’m not one for mechanics

Well I'm planning on opening it up and having a look but Im not exactly mechanically minded either. As I said I've used it a fair few times, I would say at least a dozen hatches in the past couple of years, without any problem. I suppose it was just worn out.

This is more of a rant than a question. I'm 5 days into incubating a dozen Chinese painted/button quail eggs, which I candled yesterday and all of them have embryos inside - and my incubator just blew up.:barnie

By blew up I mean it made a little popping sound, powered off and started emitting smoke from the main electronic section. It is a Janoel 10 and has served me well for a couple of years. It's been very hot in England for the past few days (30 degrees Celsius or 85F.) Could this be the reason?:confused:

Anyway I have a tiny serama hen who is currently broody and I've stowed the eggs under her for the night but I am not optimistic. The serama lays some small eggs but these quail eggs are positively tiny and so very fragile. I'm convinced she is going to smash one or more and ruin the lot. Possibly even eat them. :sick
I'm sorry about your incubator/eggs. Can you post a pic of your incubator so we can understand what happened? Did it smash or throw the eggs? I'm having trouble picturing what exactly happened. I would candle the eggs now and see if they're still alive.
@FortCluck just had a bantam hen hatch quail chicks with a 100% hatch rate.

I'm sorry about your incubator/eggs. Can you post a pic of your incubator so we can understand what happened? Did it smash or throw the eggs? I'm having trouble picturing what exactly happened. I would candle the eggs now and see if they're still alive.
@FortCluck just had a bantam hen hatch quail chicks with a 100% hatch rate.
0F4EEA7E-9EB3-4E75-9CCC-E398201E84D4.jpeg

AF7A03DD-A715-4E67-B121-B33A63002D75.jpeg

Well I'm planning on opening it up and having a look but Im not exactly mechanically minded either. As I said I've used it a fair few times, I would say at least a dozen hatches in the past couple of years, without any problem. I suppose it was just worn out.
I wouldn’t think it should be worn out after that few number of hatches. I would definitely contact the company. Maybe, hopefully, it is under warranty or they have replacement parts for whatever went wrong.

Back
Top Bottom