Incubator Leak

abot87

Chirping
Apr 9, 2016
Johannesburg, South Africa
Hi there fellow Quailers.

I need some advice urgently
bow.gif

I recently purchased a large incubator (884 quail eggs), a bit extreme for a beginner, but here we are.

Since this morning there have been fluctuations in humidity. It has dropped from 55% to 37%.
Upon further investigation I noticed light, moisture and heat escaping at the corners of the viewing glass as well as on the corners of the gasket seal on the door.

What can I use to seal the leaks without fear of contaminating my eggs that are in the incubator currently?

Stress levels are running high and fear of losing my eggs even higher
barnie.gif

Your wisdom will not go wasted!
ABOT

If you are incubating right now I would use duct tape until the chicks hatch. Once the incubator is empty you can use a silicon sealant around the glass/corners.

Thank you for the advice.

I managed to tape up all the leaks i could find. But only once i taped the edges of the view glass did the himidity manage to stay in the 50% ranges.

I think adding a 2nd mist maker could solve the remainder of the problem.

Which is that everytime the temp rises the extractor fan kicks in and sucks all the humidity out. It takes a while to recover but does so within an hour.

This forced air incubator came with a mist maker and not a water heatining element. I think adding the 2nd mister should enable the humidity the recover at twice the rate.

Im using a gravity assisted water feed from a bucket into the water tray. So far its doing the trick as the nursery doesnt have running water.

Back
Top Bottom