Incubator lid hit hatching egg

I think some waxes will melt again in a incubator, not all wax has the same melting point. I always use the paper type medical tape personally, but I’ve seen all the things mentioned here work (and fail) for folks over the years. It probably depends more on the amount of damage done inside.

That’s my biggest complaint about the Nr360, the lid is awkward to put back on, I’ve hit eggs many times, but never actually dropped it on an egg like that. Good luck!!

In all my years of hatching this has never happened to me. :hit

I accidentally dropped the incubator lid and it hit one of my eggs. Set may 10. This egg came from my black east indie hen that was killed by a mink. I feel absolutely terrible. Is there anything I can do for it? It's still moving but it's bleeding. The Crack definitely broke through the membrane. I'm going to go ahead and move it to my lockdown bator. I thought about candle wax but I worry that it is too big of a Crack. Is this a lost cause? View attachment 3522209
You could try a strip of sellotape over it THEN wax, but if there's blood it doesn't look good.

Update:

Unfortunately the little egg didn't make it. It ended up dying the next day.

On the bright side. I had 6 ducklings out of seven that hatched besides that one that didn't make it. :pop
Sad that you broke the one, but now we need pics of the 6 that made it!!

Back
Top Bottom