Incubator liner?

SGM

Songster
11 Years
Aug 18, 2008
Easley, SC
Is there such a thing as an incubator liner? So you could remove it after a hatch, give the bator a good once over and then it be ready to be set-up again?

I have two, a Genesis 1588 for incubating and a homemade styrofoam one. The homemade one is so hard to clean not to mention the light bulb and thermostat are not placed in good places for cleaning so I can't just hose the thing out. I have to be careful when I clean. Which means a headache. Plus cleaning the bator means scrubbing and the styrofoam chips off because of it.

I was wondering if there's a way to line the base so that when you are done hatching you can just peel it away and toss it and clean the bator out. No major stickies to the styrofoam.

I'm already thinking about buying another hovabator in the spring for easier cleaning.

I'm not sure about liners for them and you would still need to clean and sanitize. But, have your tried using the non-slip pads or a towel on the bottom to catch the worst of the mess. That would make it easier to clean.

You're supposed to clean them...
th.gif
...kidding...make a kid do it and then yell at them for doing a bad job...
smack.gif
...kidding...how about that shelf paper liner stuff

No I haven't used shelf liner, but it might be a good option. Thanks!

What I'm saying is that they poo and it dries like rocks to the styrofoam. So I end up absolutely scrubbing the styrofoam away to remove the poo spots. I know you have to clean them. There's still germs and contaminants in there. I would still wash it out after each use. I am just looking for a remedy to the scrubbing the styrofoam away problem. If I keep scrubbing it like that then its going to put holes in the floor.

Back
Top Bottom