Incubator loaded for First Time

I just had to toss 21 Serama eggs. They started to develop then stopped. Candled at 21 days and just a black dot no chick... Seramas usually take 19 days...I have no idea what happened. This isn’t my first time either... I’ve been having bad turn outs the last couple of times...just never zero... 😢
Do you have a separate thermometer and hygrometer in the incubator? Maybe the heating element is weakening or the fan is weaker or some minor change in your incubator that caused this.

Do you have a separate thermometer and hygrometer in the incubator? Maybe the heating element is weakening or the fan is weaker or some minor change in your incubator that caused this.
No, I don’t have the extra equipment. I don’t think that’s an issue because I had Turken eggs in there also and they hatched fine.

I am very new at this but I think that incubator temps do have to be monitored because they can change between hatches. At least I know mine has had to be changed before because the temp went down.

I am very new at this but I think that incubator temps do have to be monitored because they can change between hatches. At least I know mine has had to be changed before because the temp went down.
I have a nurture right 360 it has a digital thermostat and a built in humidity reader also.

I just ordered a small one to see what’s up during my next batch...I’ll put a batch in this coming Sunday.

Attachments

• C6C2C210-9C50-4C3C-BADD-EC8C7EAEC3E6.jpeg
    C6C2C210-9C50-4C3C-BADD-EC8C7EAEC3E6.jpeg
    48 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom