Incubator lost power

Update #3: I’ve now lost 2 more eggs. These were nearly fully developed but due sometime over the last week. Any ideas why? When I last candled them they were moving great and developing well. The last 2 eggs I candled today and those are moving but one of the shells is discolored. Half is the typical ivory and the other half is gray. Should I be worried?

Update #3: I’ve now lost 2 more eggs. These were nearly fully developed but due sometime over the last week. Any ideas why? When I last candled them they were moving great and developing well. The last 2 eggs I candled today and those are moving but one of the shells is discolored. Half is the typical ivory and the other half is gray. Should I be worried?

I am in a similar situation. I had 7 eggs at the beginning of last week. Over the course of the week three just stopped. They went from good movement and veins one day to no movement and receding veins the next... this is the group that lost power during the first 5 days for several hours. But today was lockdown so hopefully I won’t lose anymore.

My incubator went rouge on the hot side and the duck egg was opaque when candled. could not see anything but the air cell. Decided it was hard boiled but didn't throw it away. I got some more eggs to set and on Day 30 decided to evict the egg and set new ones. I reached in to throw him away and he moved. Today is day 31 and I can see him trying to internally pip. I almost gave up too soon. Now my new eggs are languishing on the counter top. I hope he gets out alive before too long so I can set the new eggs. Sometimes seeing no movement and no veins just means the egg is full? This is my first time hatching so:confused:

My incubator went rouge on the hot side and the duck egg was opaque when candled. could not see anything but the air cell. Decided it was hard boiled but didn't throw it away. I got some more eggs to set and on Day 30 decided to evict the egg and set new ones. I reached in to throw him away and he moved. Today is day 31 and I can see him trying to internally pip. I almost gave up too soon. Now my new eggs are languishing on the counter top. I hope he gets out alive before too long so I can set the new eggs. Sometimes seeing no movement and no veins just means the egg is full? This is my first time hatching so:confused:

I am hoping that with one of my eggs. One it looks very full with very little veins. I am hoping to have that be a good sign. But two are still moving well.

what day are you on? If they are still moving keep them in and raise the humidity if you are 3 days from hatch
The last 2 are due to hatch in 2 and 3 days (put in incubator 1 day apart). I’m just trying to figure out why 2 would have died within the last week.
what day are you on? If they are still moving keep them in and raise the humidity if you are 3 days from hatch

They are on the last day or 2 before hatching. My incubator is a Brinsea mini II and I don’t think I can raise the humidity level. I looked through the menu and there isn’t a place where I can set it.

Back
Top Bottom