INCUBATOR NOT HOlDING TEMP!

Apr 13, 2022
Central New York
I have a Hova Bator 1602N without a fan, and I have new eggs set in it. It was holding temperature okay earlier, but now it spiked up to 104 degrees, so I let out some of the hot air and raised humidity. It went down, but now it’s at 100 degrees again. I’m not sure if I am doing something wrong, or if the incubator isn’t the best. Any advice would be helpful!

I can’t calibrate the two that I have. I think that they are automatic. Do you think that I should get a reptile thermometer and hygrometer? I know that other people said that they use those.

I have a Hova Bator 1602N without a fan, and I have new eggs set in it. It was holding temperature okay earlier, but now it spiked up to 104 degrees, so I let out some of the hot air and raised humidity. It went down, but now it’s at 100 degrees again. I’m not sure if I am doing something wrong, or if the incubator isn’t the best. Any advice would be helpful!
Did you ever get help on it? It just happened to me! I did the exact same thing. I think I have a crappy incubator. I got it out of a suggestion here, I should go back to my old one, but it's too big for what I have. But I bet it's better (my other one I'm not using). The one I have I must monitor all the time on moisture and temp. The alarm never went off! I freaked! I hope I caught it in time! GOD! It was fine this morning! I few hours or so went by with me being pulled away. When I checked, I saw 103! Jeez! So I took the top off, added water, and am at 99F with 56% humidity. I hope I caught it in time. I'm not a bird!!!! I try as hell to pull this off, though!!!! I'm at day 6! I hope I didn't ruin the development. Damn. There I go. Worry time again. I think I hate this!!!!:he:mad::eek:

Back
Top Bottom