1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Incubator off all night!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by brodysam, May 17, 2009.

1. brodysam

brodysam Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2009
    I accidentally flipped the switch and my incubator has been off all night. I found it about 20 minutes ago. Temperature read about 75 degrees. Its on again but I'm sick. Some were in since Thursday and some went in yesterday. Any luck with hatching after this?

2. giasmom

giasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2009
    Woodville, Al
    Yes, there is always a chance. Especially since it was very early in the development stage. IMO I think it all will be okay. I've heard of alot worse things happening & people still get decent hatches. Good luck.

3. brodysam

brodysam Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2009
    Thank you. I looked and saw that others had the same problem, but most were further along in development. I really am sick over this. I hope some pull through.

4. PrinceFarm

PrinceFarm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2009
    Conroe, Texas
    If it helps, I did the exact same thing. I hatched 5 out of 12. It would have been more but they couldnt make it out of the shell. I dont think that you have much to worry about, it is the heat that really gets them. continue as normal. [​IMG]

5. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    You may get a lower hatch rate, but most will be fine.

6. rock n red

rock n red New Egg

Apr 2, 2009
    Wantage, NJ
    You'll be fine, if you just set them they should be ok. It would be worse if this happens in the last few days before they are scheduled to hatch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by