Incubator offgassing

@luv4hart I had a “decent” hatch. Of my 20 shipped eggs, 6 didn’t develop, and 10 of the remaining 14 hatched. The other 4 developed most of the way but didn’t ever pip. I attempted to assist one of them but it just wasn’t strong enough to get out of the shell. Having 4 eggs not hatch properly makes me a little apprehensive. However having 50% of the shipped eggs hatch is pretty good. I like that this incubator seems to hold the temp well. But I changed my temperature settings up to 100.5 because I thing the factory setting was too low.

I have another batch in there and it isn’t faring as well. Out of 26 shipped eggs from two different people, I only have 10 developing. Several started but ended up with blood rings. Chickcozy customer service is terrible - I have contacted them twice now with questions and they simply don’t respond. And they don’t allow people who have actually purchased the incubator to leave Amazon reviews for it (not sure how they managed to pull that off.) Pretty sketchy. But I think overall it can be considered a decent incubator in the $120 range.
Awesome. My husband bought this one for me and after I washed the mat in dawn dish soap and white vinegar it smelled like regular rubber no issues. This is my first time incubating but I put 9 of my own chicken eggs in (I was fairly certain they were fertilized, could have been wrong we have 1 bantam Cochin roo to 8 hens) but only 5 developed and I’m happy to say that the last one is currently zipping. We got the incubator on Amazon with a coupon so it was under $100. I’d say worth the fun.

9300.PNG

I got a second incubator one of these, it didn't smell great, and after running it a week it doesn't smell great, but the eggs are developing.

Awesome. My husband bought this one for me and after I washed the mat in dawn dish soap and white vinegar it smelled like regular rubber no issues. This is my first time incubating but I put 9 of my own chicken eggs in (I was fairly certain they were fertilized, could have been wrong we have 1 bantam Cochin roo to 8 hens) but only 5 developed and I’m happy to say that the last one is currently zipping. We got the incubator on Amazon with a coupon so it was under $100. I’d say worth the fun.
I definitely think it’s worth the price at under $100! Mine was somewhere around $120 when I got it. Congratulations on your hatch. I have had horrendous luck with my hatches after that first hatch, but they were all shipped eggs so that plays a part. The humidity is something that I can’t quite figure out with this incubator. My last hatch they all shrink wrapped so badly and only 3 chicks made it through hatching (with full assistance). I have 4 eggs going into lockdown today so I hope that it goes better than the last hatch.

Back
Top Bottom