incubator overheating

bravevline

Songster
6 Years
Apr 30, 2013
my little giant incubator does not work at ALL!!! ive been having problems with over heating lately. yesterday, i went to work after i added humidity. perfectly fine before i left!!! i come home, and its way up to close to 104 degrees!!! i quickly set it back after cooling the eggs. it stayed at 99.5 all night. then, i went to bed and when i woke up guess what. 104 DEGREES!!!!!!!!!! its like this stupid thing is doing everything it can to ensure i never hatch anything. everything i had was coming along fine, but everytime this incubator jacks up. im going to get my money back and going with a different brand!!! theres not a reason to waste so much money on a product that doesn't even work. i cant just sit there and stare at it; i have to work and sleep. i need something i can actually rely on. and i was so excited about my eggs hatching. i dont know if they even will now!!!

just candled; i can see one kicking its little foot!!! maybe it wasnt quite hot enough for long enough to kill them. ive still gotta watch it and look for better options!!!

Mine has done the same thing! Mine reached 110 for over 8 hours on day 7! I did have survivors and am watching the bator like a hawk right now. The eggs I have in now are on day 14 and the bator has not kept a consistent temperature yet. I'm just trying to get through this hatch, and I will be replacing this incubator. I will say don't panic yet. I was told to discard all of the eggs in my bator after it reached 110, but I gave it time. All of my survivors are alive and well.....SO FAR! Good luck,

It may be the thermostat is damaged. I had 1 that did this and then just quit. I replaced with another thermostat (Wafer style) I got online e for a few bucks. Worked fine all summer last year.

its still new; i dont see that happening but i guess anything is possible. ill just get my money back and buy a different kind!!!

It was 35 C here today. Got a shock to see the temp on my Janoel 24's (have 2) read 40C just candled and those I just did lockdown for, are all kicking. I am more concerned for the ones I put in 2days ago. I knew I shouldn't have BUT. I was able to get some Croad Langshans to take on a domestic flight. Quite rare here. Almost none in QLD. Don't want to lose them! What can I do. Set temp lower???? Help

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom