Incubator placement? Need help

After over 30 breeds, I have settled on Black Penedesencas as my favorite and they're all I breed.
In a way, it would be nice to raise chickens on a roof like you do to isolate them from ground predators but then they wouldn't be able to free range and forage.

After over 30 breeds, I have settled on Black Penedesencas as my favorite and they're all I breed.
In a way, it would be nice to raise chickens on a roof like you do to isolate them from ground predators but then they wouldn't be able to free range and forage.
I'm planning on making a business out of it once i move to the country, we own a small piece of land and we're going to start building a house which could take up to 6-7 years, i don't think i could keep them on the roof that long, because of the neighbors, even though i've invested three years a lot of money and hard work, i'm just hoping to get a great production this year so maybe i can sell it all, sell the chicken, and focus on pigeons and pheasants because they don't seem to make a lot of noise, until i can move to the country.

Quail don't make much noise and are a quick turnaround for eggs and meat. Both bring more money than chicken eggs/meat. I was at an Asian market yesterday. Prices there are very reasonable for most of their food. The quail eggs were $3.50 for 10 tiny eggs.
That's the price we pay for 12 extra large organic chicken eggs. Quail also take up very little space.
I've heard that pigeons are profitable but I don't really know how to go about marketing them.

Quail don't make much noise and are a quick turnaround for eggs and meat. Both bring more money than chicken eggs/meat. I was at an Asian market yesterday. Prices there are very reasonable for most of their food. The quail eggs were $3.50 for 10 tiny eggs.
That's the price we pay for 12 extra large organic chicken eggs. Quail also take up very little space.
I've heard that pigeons are profitable but I don't really know how to go about marketing them.
I had quail before but i didn't enjoy them like i enjoy raising and watching pheasants, pigeons and chicken, coturnix quail almost all look alike and it's annoying to keep watching them to make sure you got all the males out because having too many males is terrible, they've killed each other before by picking on each other and they even make the female's health drop from stress and i just found it a little frustrating so i sold them, if i'm going to build a business i'm going to open something i enjoy doing.

Back
Top Bottom