Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I don't know why my hatch went awry

• No, the thermostat is cheap

• Other

• Total voters
I have my LG and just got it about 17 days ago. I live it. I set it up a day in advance so I could maintain temp and one I figured out the tiny little movement in the knob makes it go both ways really quick but I got it there after about 4 he's maintained really good. I just hatched out my quail first hatch and after candling and taking out non fer. all 15 of kind are going to hatch.

Hold the press! Wait, before you buy the LG, I have one recommendation.....

My first incubator was an LG, which was a birthday gift in 1991. Lousy hatches!
So, about 4 years ago, I upgraded to the newer LG, with fan. Ok, I had better hatches. I still use it if my other bators are full. So, the latest model LG with fan is not so bad. (I only use the egg turner if I go out of town for the weekend.) I have used the egg turner from start to hatch, and I was not pleased with it. So if I have to use the LG, I always turn by hand.

My recommendation is the Brinsea Eco 20. I got one for my birthday this year, and I've had good hatches with it. Mainly with shipped eggs, which can be tough to hatch sometimes. (I hatched some shipped call duck eggs, so what does that tell you lol!!) It is on sale for $99, but does not come with the turning cradle. But it is easy to turn all the eggs at once--you just tilt the whole bator several times a day. If you are going to purchase the LG, fan, and egg turner, that is going to cost you more than $99. Here is the page http://www.brinsea.com/prod-Octagon_20_ECO_egg_incubator-224.aspx

Drawbacks
of the Eco20? It holds less eggs than the LG. BUT, I have found that it is a more reliable incubator. Also, the turning cradle is extra, but you can easily turn every egg at the same time. No individual rolling of each egg. It's totally up to you which incubator you choose, but I just had to add my 2 cents :eek:)

Good luck!
Becky

Back
Top Bottom