Incubator problems

UPDATE: I actually cracked all 54 eggs as it was up to 29 days only three eggs had a fully grown chick but not alive had died in shell the rest had a great air pocket with no chicks.... but taking eggs out of incubator they all felt cold... humidity at 65% and temp at 38... I'm concerned that this incubator has issues... any suggestions on the best brand incubators to have? Thanks in advance. ... Carol
1f602.png

Oh no I'm so very sorry :( As you had so many eggs without any development, there could be an issue with fertility of the eggs to start with. Before setting did you crack a few open to confirm they were fertile?

I would certainly suggest getting a couple of thermometers to check your incubator temp as the eggs should not be cold when you took them out. Sure does sound like an incubator issue. Just like the one I had with my unbranded incubator that had erratic temps.

For me I am a fan of Brinsea incubators :D Yes a bit more pricey but well wort it to eliminate stress and worry when incubating. Love mine and it's totally set and forget barring candling on day 7,14 & 18. They do a wide range of sizes and models depending on how hands on you want to be.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom