Incubator Question!

olijo123

Songster
8 Years
Jun 10, 2013
WV
Hi! I bought a Brinsea Advance incubator with automatic egg turner last February. It is brand new and I have only hatched in it once. Those eggs I hatched out of it were Swedish Flower chicken eggs. But, after they hatched my incubator was still running so I put some goose eggs in there. It continued to run to almost 40 some days because I never reset it after the last hatch. The goose eggs turned out to be duds, so I turned off the incubator and put it away until my next hatch. I didn't think of it until today, but was it a bad thing to continue running it that long? I am getting a dozen Serama eggs in a couple weeks, so I don't want my brand new incubator being ruined!!! Will it be okay even after running it that long?
hide.gif
he.gif

I've had mine running continuously for a few months. That will not hurt a thing. More importantly, did you clean it out well after the first hatch with bleach water, and let it dry while running for at least an hour. This is what I do. I love my Brinsea. If you don't clean your
incubator well, it can affect your hatches.

I've had mine running continuously for a few months. That will not hurt a thing. More importantly, did you clean it out well after the first hatch with bleach water, and let it dry while running for at least an hour. This is what I do. I love my Brinsea. If you don't clean your
incubator well, it can affect your hatches.

Okay! Thanks I was about to freak out!
gig.gif
LOL Actually I didn't clean it after the hatch, I just put it away and decided to clean it before the next hatch. It wasn't too dirty, but I know there is still bacteria and germs. Hopefully that wont affect my next hatch. What if I just clean it extremely good?
idunno.gif
Lol, I am new to hatching!

Clean it right away. Leave it on to dry for about an hour. Clean everything. Your success in future hatches will depend on it.
Never put it away or set new eggs without cleaning first. Good luck.
smile.png

Clean it right away. Leave it on to dry for about an hour. Clean everything. Your success in future hatches will depend on it.
Never put it away or set new eggs without cleaning first. Good luck.
smile.png

Okay I will definitely do that! Thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom