Incubator Questions..

Bex

Songster
11 Years
Oct 12, 2008
Virginia
I hope this is a good place to ask this.

So I'm looking to buy my DH an incubator for Christmas because I'm a good wife, ha.
gig.gif

He *would like* an automatic egg turner, but it's not necessary (in my opinion) and since we're on a rather "tight" (probably an understatement) budget, it's probably not something he's going to get.
roll.png

We'd need something that would do a few chicken eggs, and would also work for duck eggs. We don't need anything huge or fancy, just something that works.

Any suggestions? You guys have more experience than I do.
big_smile.png

Making one is really cheap!
big_smile.png
All you need is a Styrofoam ice chest/cooler, a lamp kit, hum./temp. gauges, fan(optional) turner(bought, made, or you could use the egg carton method), mesh wire, bowl water(only filled up if hum. goes down to 25%, and that's called dry incubating, which works well!), and a thermostat.(also sometimes optional!) and some people buy "water wigglers(squishy toy thingys) Those are the basic things that you may need.
Hope this helps!
wink.png

I have a 1583 Hova circulated air that my hubby got me as a gift, it runs perfect, I've hatched over 250 chicks in it just this year and more on the way!! Not one problem keeping the humidity and temps stable from the first day of use.

Back
Top Bottom