Incubator R-COM 20, worth it?

WoofMeowCluck

Dark Speckled Egg Lover
9 Years
Mar 9, 2010
Do you have any experience or opinion about the R-COM 20 incubator? It holds 24 chicken eggs.

Or, do you have a favorite reliable and easy to use incubator that you can recommend?

Thanks!
big_smile.png

I've never seen ayone post anything bad about the RComs. I don't have one and cannot say how good it works. I have a Hova 1588 and I love it. Brinsea is another good brand to look into.

I purchased a R-Com 20 from a breeder who thoroughly recommends them after hatching over a 1000 Chocolate Orpingtons & Chocolate Bantams in hers, My advice would be to add the additional trays, they do a chicken one If I remember this makes it easier for the eggs to turn evenly, as I have only the standard tray and also have different sized eggs and they seem to move about in all directions.
I am currently incubating 6/8 mixed Cochin Bantam Eggs, 2 Silkies, and 10 Columbian Buff Cochins in mine with my first one due in a couple of days, I will report on how everything goes.
The incubator is spot on for Temperature and Humidity and if you go for the pro version it can be set to run automatically through the entire incubation process as it even stops the turning system when it is required.

I can only talk about this type being I have not used a good incubator before.

I hope this is interesting to you.
Regards

Dr Rob.

Thank you all, I appreciate your comments. I'm new to this and swore to never get an incubator, but, never say never! I'm researching them now and want to buy the right one the first time.

Best of luck on your hatch. Hopefully one day soon I'll be able to get in on one of the Hatchathons!
big_smile.png

Are you looking at the R-com 20 or R Com king Suro 20? if you search on here for the king suro 20..I don't think you'll like what you read. Just a heads up.

Dan

I agree, the King Suro isn't at all worthy of the RCom name.

I have an RCom 20 and a bunch of others, and I always put the most important eggs in the RCom. It's incredible how simple the thing is to use, and there's no work to be done by you at all. I can't say enough about it.

Don't like the cost, but I have to say it's worth it. I've certainly made up for it in good hatch rates that wouldn't have been so great in my other 6 incubators. It's made up the difference for me because I incubate perpetually.

I have an rcom 20 and I love it! I think it was woth every penny. It is so easy and holds temp and humidity perfect even in a wide range of room temps. My chicks pop out right on time and so much cleaner. It is easy to clean, just make sure you use distilled water. I don't have any of the trays. It took a bit to get used to the way it turns but I trust it now and the eggs do fine.

It is $400 this year. Pretty sure that is $100 more than last year. But it is has digital temp and humidity control, water is easy to fill and sits flat so less of a chance of getting knocked over than some of the others in the price range.

Back
Top Bottom