Incubator Recommendations

Aleelupton

Songster
Jul 3, 2018
Warren, Ohio
Okay friends I need some recommendations! I'm looking to purchase an incubator. What models would you recommend? Important must haves:

•Visablity of eggs/chicks
•Easy to operate (automatic egg turning, humidity control)
•Can hold 20 or more eggs
•Can hold both standard chicken eggs and Serama eggs (quail size)

Any all help much appreciated!

I personally really like Brinsea's incubators. I've only used the Mini/Maxi Advance ones; they fit all your requirements except egg capacity. I can't speak for their larger incubators from personal experience, but based on the performance of their smaller ones, I would say it's worth looking into. I find them very easy to operate after a quick manual flip through and have always gotten great hatch rates from them. Hope this helps!

RCOM 20 max has all of those things. I love mine. I've noticed most incubators are sold out. I think it's because a lot of factories are still shut down.

I have two Harris Farms Nurture Right 360s that maintain an incubation temperature setting within 7/10ths of a degree at any placement within the incubator providing the room temperature where it's located is stable and no cooler than 28 degrees less than my target incubation temperature. Humidity levels are manually controlled by the amount of water one pours into the external ports at any one time. I purchased one from Amazon and acquired the other off the shelf at my local Tractor Supply. The only minus for me is goose eggs are too big for the 360s turn-style unless I modify it since I haven't seen an option to purchase a separate goose egg turn-style.

I purchased three inexpensive and well advertised automatic imports to try out at first which might serve as flower pots now that I've gotten some experience with them. Those units proved to be a total waste of my time and money due to internal temperatures fluctuating as much at two degrees at various placements within a few hours.

I have an R-Com MX-20 on order and will test that unit when it arrives. The MX-20 is over three times more expensive than the 360s, but reportedly has automatic humidity control and the reviews are very good.

I've read good things about the Brinsea Octagon from multiple sources, but have no actual experience with that unit yet.

Back
Top Bottom