incubator recommendations?

tyddynssi

Hatching
11 Years
Mar 7, 2008
I am a newbie on this forum. I would like to purchase an incubator, but would like some advise first. I currently only have a few bantams, but will be getting some other full size chickens. I certainly won't be doing large numbers of eggs at once, so anyone??

Since I won't be hatching many eggs at once, I do want to stay relatively inexpensive, so table top, around $250.00. Bare in mind I live in Canada, so shipping may be an issue also. The ones available locally are the hovabator or the Brower, in a 42-48 egg incubator.

those are the 2 best bator companies
I heard the 1588 is good. I own the brower. My cons on it is the light flashes when it shows the heat is on and the motor is annoying. It is dishwasher safe though and made of plastic where the 1588 hovabator is made of styrofoam which can hide bacteria in the pores of the styrofoam

Thanks for the reply! I'll go ahead and order the brower incubator since it comes with a turner and can be washed in the dishwasher!

You are welcome. The motor will have to be broken in which takes a week or 2. Then it will be low. If you have a spare bedroom or even a closet. That would work fine. Mine is in my bedroom so its hard to sleep with the light flashing and the motor going. I got used to it though

Back
Top Bottom