1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Incubator Rental?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ItsieBitsieJeff, Aug 28, 2011.

1. ItsieBitsieJeff

ItsieBitsieJeff Out Of The Brooder

How much "would you" pay to rent an incubator for one hatching cycle?

2. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

Gee never thought of that. [​IMG]

3. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    Actually, I saw one listed on craigslist for $25 a month including the fertile eggs

4. I-Have-Happy-Hens

I-Have-Happy-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Carrboro, NC
    $20-30 bucks

5. anderson8505

anderson8505 Peace, Love & Happy Chickens

I don't have an incubator but often think about buying one. Just can't make the plunge right now. So, I'd pay around $20 to rent one I guess. Maybe $30 if I had enough eggs to make it worth it.

6. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    I'd say 20$ a month is good, but I'd personally be afraid of theft. A 150$ brinsea eco w/turner could walk off very easily..

7. petchickenlover

petchickenlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    I'd probably do $20-30 a month as well, but i would probably have a deposit of at least what the incubator was worth that would be returned after you got the 'bator back safely.

8. ItsieBitsieJeff

ItsieBitsieJeff Out Of The Brooder

Thank you for all of your feedback. We have a couple of Hovabators that we aren't currently using, and we were thinking about renting them out. So if anyone is looking to rent.... LOL [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

9. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:I got a hovebator from incubators.org and it was only 59 dollars counting shipping and a thermostat, and I just put my 5 eggs in today. It keeps the temp really good to, just thought I would let you know.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by