Incubator running at 101 degrees

Matieus27

Crowing
Oct 13, 2018
Sallisaw, OK
So I bought a new incubator and by the sensor on the incubator it’s been running at 37.5 C I bought a thermometer well two cause I have a two teir incubator so to ensure adequate temp all across incubator I monted one on top teir and one on bottom teir they are both reading a little over 101 F candles eggs and they are developing my question is with me adjusting temperature to the thermometers how is this going to affect the hatching IE: will they hatch early, will they hatch on time. They are currently on day 6

Rose Quartz

Enabler
Mar 18, 2018
East Hants N.S. Canada
So I bought a new incubator and by the sensor on the incubator it’s been running at 37.5 C I bought a thermometer well two cause I have a two teir incubator so to ensure adequate temp all across incubator I monted one on top teir and one on bottom teir they are both reading a little over 101 F candles eggs and they are developing my question is with me adjusting temperature to the thermometers how is this going to affect the hatching IE: will they hatch early, will they hatch on time. They are currently on day 6

Question: is it a still air or forced air? it sounds like a forced air. I just want to double check.
assuming it is a forced air,
If you leave it as is, they would hatch a bit early. if you mess with it and get the internal temperatures to 99.5F (37.5C) then they should be pretty close to on time even with the higher temps for 6 days, maybe a little early but not by a whole lot.

Matieus27

Crowing
Oct 13, 2018
Sallisaw, OK
Ok well i think i have my temperature adjusted correctly now i am watching it very closely as of now so that i can make sure that everything is in the correct range oddly enough the bottom part of the incubator is about half a degree higher than the upper part so i am thinking when hatch time come i am going to use the bottom half as the hatcher as i am doing a staggered hatch

Rose Quartz

Enabler
Mar 18, 2018
East Hants N.S. Canada
Ok well i think i have my temperature adjusted correctly now i am watching it very closely as of now so that i can make sure that everything is in the correct range oddly enough the bottom part of the incubator is about half a degree higher than the upper part so i am thinking when hatch time come i am going to use the bottom half as the hatcher as i am doing a staggered hatch
good idea. most likely the fan is at the top blowing down. after about 3 hours the temperature should be stabilized and you shouldn't have to watch it so closely.

Matieus27

Crowing
Oct 13, 2018
Sallisaw, OK
Built in readout stays the same I adjust the calibration it stays sitting at 37.5C and I rely on my two thermometers to make sure temp is running right. Don’t worry the are right I stuck the probe in a cup of ice water and left it there for a good while and it read 32.2F and bottom reads 100.4 and top at the most I think it reads 100.8 but just for a short while and only seen it one time I they were still stabilizing

MANNA-PRO

Top Bottom