Incubator running hot need quick advice

Adolfus Nile

Chirping
Jan 12, 2023
So my wafer incubator has been running hot basically since the beginning of the batch of these eggs. I ordered a new wafer so when the hatch is done i'll replace it. I put 12 eggs in and 6 have definitely died and theres one that im unsure about so im leaving it in there. I think the ones that have survived have done so because i frequently open the incubator to cool it off. I have also been removing the eggs to cool them for a moment periodically.

It's thursday and 28 days is Tuesday so im wondering if i should really lock the incubator down or if i could keep opening up the incubator in the way that I am, providing that I keep the humidity up.

Is there away you could make the whole room humid? I would say even at end stage temp is more important than humidity.
Its probably going to be rainy or humid and about 60 degrees every day for the next week or more. I could open the window and leave the incubator closed. Probably will help the incubator temperature too.

Four of the five eggs have broken into the air sac, definitely early. I'm getting good temps right now so I might as well just lockdown

Just a question what was the temp it was at ?
Did you use room temp water or hot water when adding ?
Did you calibrate thermometer for inside ?
congrats on the babies so far :)
Leading up to hatch i was able to keep it between 100 and 103 for hatch. When i added water it was room temp or even cool water. Didnt calibrate the thermometer. For the next hatch i'll install a new wafer and try to calibrate the thermometers. Excited to incubate new breeds of duck next.

Leading up to hatch i was able to keep it between 100 and 103 for hatch. When i added water it was room temp or even cool water. Didnt calibrate the thermometer. For the next hatch i'll install a new wafer and try to calibrate the thermometers. Excited to incubate new breeds of duck next.
I would definitely calibrate separate thermometers and place inside
My bators never read proper
What are you incubating next ?

Back
Top Bottom