Incubator Size? (Help please!)

DragonClaw01

Chirping
6 Years
Sep 25, 2013
So, I've found some Emu eggs for sale, but I do not know if the eggs will fit in the incubator I have (if I take out the egg turner)

It's a Farm Innovators Forced Air incubator.

Will they fit?

If not, what kind of incuator will fit them?

Hi I use a Brinsea Octagon....20 and 40 chicken eggs ..lol but without the tray and turning mechanism, they both work great manual turning 5 - 7 x in 24 hrs.. never open unless to add water , not handle the eggs just tip it back and forth.
Tried it with my Rhea eggs I have kept since 1992 and Emu eggs are about same size, 750 + grms.
Good luck .
Calla

Last edited:
Why do you have the automatic turner off? We have a Brinsea Octagon, too, and we wondering how many emu eggs would fit in it. We're planning on starting with emu chicks, but eventually want to hatch our own eggs, so this would be great information to have.

A friend asked me to incubate 6 rhea eggs for him .I said ohh no, I just cleaned both incis out and put away after 18 months of solid incubating of many types of my own eggs. He insisted and they just fitted nicely on Auto... ...but...6 days later one morning I found most on table luckily against a wall ...turning mechanism broke.... too heavy...that's why lol End of Incubation for this lot.
I got a replacement part and since then I hatched lots of Rhea eggs and later also my 1st Emu eggs very successfully.
As long as you wedge them with some foam rubber or similar so they don't move when tilting Inci. and place a small towel at base.

I love raising this lovely little Darlings, they are still my little Babies even at 8 now and had 8 eggs so far.
The Brinsea 40 takes 8 eggs and 4 for the smaller one.
Good luck with yours, it should be fun.
Calla
I must add, this 'friend' never paid for this part , since he insisted, but luckily I blew them all and sold on ebay and got more then my money back ha ha

Last edited:
Call a, thanks so much! We're still quite far away from incubating our own,but this info will definitely be helpful when we do.

Right now, we're discussing fence type and planning on where their paddock will go; I would like to have everything at 80% completion by the time any emu chicks come home with us. And, the way we're planning, my emus will be just spoiled and pampered as.our very contented flock of laying hens!
1f600.png

I don't think I have the cash for a brinsea incubator, not yet.

If you put an egg in a perfect box, what would the dimensions be?

Back
Top Bottom