Incubator Still Air 2100 question

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Chickluver2012, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Chickluver2012

Chickluver2012 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 3, 2012
    Oregon
    Newbie here, I just bought a lightly used Still Air Incubator 2100. It didn't come with a manual, I can't find a manual online, temp is reading good, but my question is do I need to turn the eggs 3X a day....it does not have a turner,just a wire rack...It is in great shape...Thanks in advance...Becky

2. loveourbirds

loveourbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2013
    waverly ohio
    turn eggs 3 times a day for 18 days then stop. you might have to play with the humidity a little, with little giants i usually only filled half the water troughs until day 18, then filled them all form day 18 to hatch.

3. davemonkey

davemonkey Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2012
    Liberty, TX
    +1 with the above. It really depends on what the humidity is in your area. Here in SE Texas, I had to keep all the water trays empty. On Day 18 I'll fill one of them for a humid hatch day, but if I put water in there now, I won't get good air cell development.

3x per day is the minimum, by the way. But you want to keep it to an odd number of turns per day; that way the eggs don't spend 2 nights in a row in the same position. The first 14 days are the most important. And after 18, don't move them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by