Incubator stuck at 101?

RosemaryDuck

Crowing
Dec 15, 2020
Florida
Hey all! I recently started another batch of eggs in the bator. I let it run ahead of time and it was sitting at 99.5-100 the whole time. Set the turner and put the eggs in.

It's now reading 101-101.3 and won't budge. I've lowered the temp a few times to bring it down but it's just sitting at 101. I did check with another gauge as well.

It's a forced air iTavah incubator. It's been reliable for about 2 years now. Could the heat element just be going or something?

I've seen that very same incubator on here before but under a different name. Can't remember what name, but seems like it was the very same problem, hoping memory serves me well.

Don't know what exactly is going wrong but it's probably a sensor/computer reading getting skewed. Just a hunch, you could try some compressed air (for dust) and then using 90% alcohol to clean out the top (electronic portion).

I've seen that very same incubator on here before but under a different name. Can't remember what name, but seems like it was the very same problem, hoping memory serves me well.

Don't know what exactly is going wrong but it's probably a sensor/computer reading getting skewed. Just a hunch, you could try some compressed air (for dust) and then using 90% alcohol to clean out the top (electronic portion).
Thank you! Will try this asap.

Well, when I went to go clean out the top compartment the temps were normal. It seems to have righted itself for some reason. Holding steady so far. Weird...😵.

Back
Top Bottom