Incubator subliminally calling me...from storage closet

ChickBond 007

Licensed to Cull
11 Years
Feb 26, 2009
Madison County, Iowa
I put the incubator that had been running on my kitchen counter for months away last month. In the quiet of the night, I heard it calling to me....
"feed me... I'm so lonely in the storage closet"
"I cannot live without warm eggs"
"It's just too quiet here without the incubator fan running"
"Aren't you sad without the peeping?"
"Your brooder is empty..."

Now, I've gone to the closet and covered it up with a quilt, trying to smother the voice....
How do you shut that thing up.... <<listening to voices in my head>>
I'm getting the incubating DT's. <<shaking>>>
Woe is me...

Uh-oh, sounds like you need to turn it on for a bit and get a recording! Just stay calm and try to ignore the voices until you can get the sound on CD!

My bator has been empty for a couple weeks, and will be for a couple more. DH didn't want chicks or eggs while we were on vacation. Yet every day he checks Ebay to see what kind of eggs he can find! I think it is his secret way of torturing me!!
barnie.gif

Good job holding off for a WHOLE MONTH!

I'm impressed!!

Whadda get? Whadda get??? I wanna know
big_smile.png

Mine is going down tomorrow. You want some cute little banty eggs to go with the ones you bought?

I could hatch some vicariously through you.

Here is what hatched in my house today:
DSCN1433.jpg

Oh my, those are adorable. What are they? what kind of banties? I bought some Welsummer eggs. I have two Wellie roos and only one hen. Need some hens this time!

Oh, MAN those are cute.
droolin.gif

Hey--and absolutely good job waiting so long. I had mine shut down from my absolutely last hatch of the season for exactly: three days.
lau.gif

That was before my friend's daughter found six bantam chicken eggs at the top of our hay stack (laid by the neighbor's adorable banty hen). She really wanted to take them home and keep them warm, but her dad convinced her to let me incubate them (THANKS DAD!!
celebrate.gif
gig.gif
). They are moving in October to a house with an acre, and they will then keep the chickies themselves. Best part: the house they are moving to is practically next door to us, less than a three minute walk, so I get to enjoy her chickens too!
big_smile.png

So, anyway... if anyone has banty eggs they want to offer *me,* I probably won't say no.
gig.gif
Well, maybe I would... I really should at least TRY to be practical about this.
tongue.gif

They are crosses between my frizzle cochins (who have some silkie in them) and my white showgirl roo (not the one I'm selling) The two larger ones are BCM roo over cuckoo maran hen. I got one girl and one boy out of those two. The boy is huge.

ETA: crossing my fingers for hens this time!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom