Incubator temperature after hatch

WoodlandAcre

In the Brooder
Oct 29, 2018
How long can the chicks stay in the incubator after hatching? Is there enough oxygen? And should I keep the temperature the same after hatch? I'm worried that after a successful hatch, and me being at work they'll suffocate.

About 24 hrs, all vents open and temp 90-95. I say 90-95 because it is better to be a little cooler than too hot.

Their egg sack, although in their belly, is absorbing and they can be without food or water the first 24.

I would give them some type of cusioning like a small wash cloth away from heat.

Remember to drain all of the water out so the babies dry.

Also, if you want to help your heart, you can run a piece of aquarium tubing through the vent hole using a pump —but if vents open, they will be fine airwise depending on how many in there. You need to tape the air movement towards heater not babies.

I don’t know how many, what type of incubator so hopefully this helps. Congrats mama! Here is to hatches on your day off!

They wont all hatch at once so i wouldnt drop the temp
I would set up a brooder with a heat lamp and transfer them after they dry out in incubator and i usually put water in brooder in case they want to drink

I'm sure that if they hatch while you are at work, they will be ok until you get back home. I've had chicks hatch out while I was sleeping, and I was surprised when I woke up and went in there to hear peeps coming from inside of the incubator. When I peeked in the top, I seen chicks that were almost all the way dry, and had already finished removing the whole shells.

I do it too! Exitement gets to me! Squirrel!

But...
Like blue baby said, first you get pampers and then you buy loves and you learn to realize they bigger kids then you thought. I personally leave mine in until they are dry and wanting out. Have fun!

Ps. You would love a cheap camera that runs live off of your phone from anywhere. Never miss it. I use ehawk brand.

this morning..They're so healthy

Attachments

• received_1988140101251935.jpeg
    received_1988140101251935.jpeg
    196.2 KB · Views: 26

Back
Top Bottom