Incubator temperature not right.

WilliamH

Chirping
Mar 23, 2020
I recently put goose eggs into my incubator and after 24 hours I realized that the eggs wasn’t really warm. I was told that my incubator model is known for being off with the temperature thermometer. So I put in my aquarium thermometer and a wall strip thermometer in my incubator to see the temperature. The temperature for the aquarium thermometer was 95-97f and the wall strip thermometer was 90-95f. I not sure if my thermometer was cheap. I turn up the temperature from 38.5c to 39.5c and the thermometer reads right below 99f. Any suggestions of what I should do or does anyone have experience with this incubator. Also is there a minimum and maximum temperatures to incubate eggs?
F2572C58-322E-47E8-B9D7-7C540F72E567.jpeg

I’d calibrate your other thermometers, I think the minimum for cold is 97 (it will slow out your hatch most likely and the chicks will probably hatch a couple days after.) and the max is 102 in forced air,(to much heat will make them hatch early and some hatch with deformities and unabsorbed yolk.)

I’d calibrate your other thermometers, I think the minimum for cold is 97 (it will slow out your hatch most likely and the chicks will probably hatch a couple days after.) and the max is 102 in forced air,(to much heat will make them hatch early and some hatch with deformities and unabsorbed yolk.)
Hours later I grabbed one of the eggs and they seem to be fully warm internally. So I lowered the temperature a bit.

Back
Top Bottom