Incubator temps?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ninjascrub69, Dec 31, 2010.

1. ninjascrub69

ninjascrub69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2010
    Bloomingdale, MI
    I got my new incubator in the mail today, and the temp keeps bouncing between 70* and 85*, i turned the temp up but it stays at these temps. Its been running for about 8 hours (i know its not that long, but it seems like it would still be somewhat stabilized). The wafer is slightly bent, would that affect anything?

2. mitch324

mitch324 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2009
    Macedon, NY
    What incubator did you buy?

3. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    if the waffer is bent, you need a new one it will not work damaged, call where you got it from and ask for a replacement
    your temp should be 99.5 to 100.5 thats a safe zone

4. JustAChickenLittle&More

JustAChickenLittle&More Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Florida
    Which incubator did you buy? I bought a new one a few weeks ago and I had it plugged in for 3 days until the temperature held steady and it has a regulator to regulate the temp so it don't go past 101. Consider where you incubator is located in your house also. For example is it in a draft or by a heat vent? Anywhere near an outside door that is opening and closing more than twice a day?

5. ninjascrub69

ninjascrub69 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2010
    Bloomingdale, MI
    I bought the Hova Bator Thermal Air Flow (i gave away my first incubator, a turbo fan [​IMG] ). Its in a draft free room, away from any vents.

6. JustAChickenLittle&More

JustAChickenLittle&More Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Florida
    How long have you had it plugged in? Make sure when you are regulating the temperature you only turn it about a 1/4 way each time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by