incubator thermometer and Hygrometer review and recomendation.

Or I can just let the eggs sit till I get the new one??
I hate to tell you this and it not work but if it were me in that situation, I would get the heating pad working at a stable temp, it won't hurt the embyro to be a little cooler for a short period of time, 95-97° if you can get it that high and stable. Then I would put a bath towel over them, kinda like a tent. That's only if you can get the right temp and stability. You say for an hour but we all know it takes longer to get things done than we think it will.

I hate to tell you this and it not work but if it were me in that situation, I would get the heating pad working at a stable temp, it won't hurt the embyro to be a little cooler for a short period of time, 95-97° if you can get it that high and stable. Then I would put a bath towel over them, kinda like a tent. That's only if you can get the right temp and stability. You say for an hour but we all know it takes longer to get things done than we think it will.
I actually just talked to the lady and she said she would send them on Thursday so I would get them Saturday instead just to be safe!!! So I should be ok to not even have to put them in my old bator and only put them in the new one!!! Boy so much work huh!! I just want this time around to go perfect or close to it!!!! My fingers are crossed that is all works out smooth!!! Thank you so much❤️

I actually just talked to the lady and she said she would send them on Thursday so I would get them Saturday instead just to be safe!!! So I should be ok to not even have to put them in my old bator and only put them in the new one!!! Boy so much work huh!! I just want this time around to go perfect or close to it!!!! My fingers are crossed that is all works out smooth!!! Thank you so much❤️
Your welcome, if you have question just ask, I'll be happy to answer them...if I can!

I have been searching for better instructions on All the Living things thermometer&hygrometer because I do not understand how to use it with the instructions it cane with. I can’t seem to get the heat or humidity perfect

Its been a while since I have been on here and I am sure this is a dead thread now....BUT.
The instuctions that come with the "all things living" unit are very poor, its just a basic hobby type unit that cost very little. A Starter Pack type thermometer, so you cant expect much from it or the instrutions..... just play with it and use some good old intuition and common sense, its not much diffreance that Guessing at setting a digital watch with out using instructions. Traile and Error. Lol

Just to note, I am still using the same All things living unit in my incubator as of 2018, it still is fairly accurate and I have even saturated it by accident while cleaning and sterilizign the incubator. Opps!

Just remember to do the above (page 1) Humidity and Temp calibration test before setting a batch of eggs.

Its been a while since I have been on here and I am sure this is a dead thread now....BUT.
The instuctions that come with the "all things living" unit are very poor, its just a basic hobby type unit that cost very little. A Starter Pack type thermometer, so you cant expect much from it or the instrutions..... just play with it and use some good old intuition and common sense, its not much diffreance that Guessing at setting a digital watch with out using instructions. Traile and Error. Lol

Just to note, I am still using the same All things living unit in my incubator as of 2018, it still is fairly accurate and I have even saturated it by accident while cleaning and sterilizign the incubator. Opps!

Just remember to do the above (page 1) Humidity and Temp calibration test before setting a batch of eggs.
I ended up taking it back!!!!

If I might and as Just to point it out ... without sounding defensive, offended or offensive .... I was not endorsing the speccific product or combo thermo/hydro as some magical solution or product defacto (per say). But ONLY as a better alternative at a small investement available at a low cost and probably commercially aviailable in most areas for a beginner or DIY.
I was however endorsing and trying to provide a crude and inexpensive way to check the accuracies and calibrate many devices/equipment (thermo and hydro /meter) as to reach a more successful hatch result.

Back
Top Bottom