Incubator to hot! Help

kenzie7775

In the Brooder
Mar 10, 2017
I've made a home made incubator for my senior project and I'm hatching ducks

Last night I put the eggs in at midnight and I thought the temp was good but when I woke up it was at 98°
So I plugged a whole bunch of the holes up and watched them for a while the temp stayed stedy at 99.5 for 2 hours and I had to go to work....

When I cane home the incubator was at 109! So it was probably pretty close to that for like 8 hours!

Are they going to be okay???

Thank you for all your help!

That is too hot but before you give up how far along we're the eggs? Have you candled them?

This would be the end of day one so they are not far at all
1f62d.png

I just looked at your other post and saw when the eggs arrived so candling won't help. The thermometer is measuring the air temperature not the egg temperature so there could still be some hope. Is your thermometer on top of the eggs? If so, heat rises. I think your going to have to wait a few days until they are far along enough to candle.

They are alive!! 6 out of 9 are alive
I will post pictures tonight when its dark out so I can get better view of them ( I have lots of windows in my room and bathroom)
I am so so happy! And thank you for thinking of me!

They are doing amazing!! The three "Muscovy's" have hatched today! Aha they are definitely not Muscovy's because they would be 7-8 days early! They are so amazing and sweet
2764.png
2764.png
and they all seem to be very happy AMD healthy!

I have two eggs left which are my two pekins. They have both pipped! And I hopefully will be meeting them both in the morning
1f601.png
1f601.png
1f423.png
1f425.png
1f425.png
I'm so so exited

Back
Top Bottom