Incubator use

angela0408

Songster
12 Years
May 30, 2009
Canada
I have a brinsea 7 egg mini advanced. It’s now 3 years old. I usually do about 3-4 runs with it a year. But I was wondering how hard you could work it without damaging it or severely cutting its life span. A new one is so expensive. Any thoughts?

Brinseas are supposed to be top quality, so it should last several years. Mine is on its seventh round this spring.

Is it just me or does anybody go crazy when it’s time for your eggs to hatch and they haven’t yet and they are due to hatch anytime now Because I’m a nervous wreck wondering if I’ve done everything right I have turned them 3 times a day every day keep temperature on que and humidity in range. I’ve done incubators before with my chickens tried several times with geese eggs but this is the first year that they are mature enough to actually be fertile since I got my geese understanding that could hatch early and some a little late seen a duck egg wiggle in incubator. Just wondering if there anything I could have messed up
image.jpg

Is it just me or does anybody go crazy when it’s time for your eggs to hatch and they haven’t yet and they are due to hatch anytime now Because I’m a nervous wreck wondering if I’ve done everything right I have turned them 3 times a day every day keep temperature on que and humidity in range. I’ve done incubators before with my chickens tried several times with geese eggs but this is the first year that they are mature enough to actually be fertile since I got my geese understanding that could hatch early and some a little late seen a duck egg wiggle in incubator. Just wondering if there anything I could have messed up View attachment 2154820
At first I totally hovered. Now I candle once a week and right up until hatch, I’m getting better about not wanting to just help them out,

I haven’t done anything but chickens, longest I went was 24 days. But then I turned up my heat and they hatch right on time, sometimes a day before, not sire about geese. Love to try a duck or goose egg though,

Back
Top Bottom