Incubator wasn't turning! What's going to happen?

heatherspangler

In the Brooder
11 Years
May 5, 2008
NW Ohio
I have 4 dozen eggs in my incubator....I'm not sure how long but they weren't turning. I'm not a pro at this and we're very busy people so i really didn't notice they werent turning. It was probably a week at least. Anyone know what will happen to the babies? It's a large forced air type incubator. Everyone that i've talked to isnt' sure what will happen. They are due to hatch Thursday.

I have read that some people don't turn and still get a good hatch. It may decrease your hatch rate slightly (maybe not!), but I think you can still expect some to hatch provided all the other conditions have been okay.

I noticed mine was not turning while I was "practicing" and had it running for two days before I got my eggs in the mail. Did yours come out of the track like mine did? I lifted the turner to put tin foil over the surface area and I bumped it out of the track. Glad I seen it before I put the eggs in. Did your eggs hatch yet? And how did they do?

I didnt turn the eggs at all on my last hatch and got 14 out of 19. I was happy with those results. I used a forced air little giant. So, dont give up on yours. Good luck.

Yes! They are hatching. WE have 11 out so far, about 5 more halfway here. Theres still several who havent pipped yet but i think i feel motion in some and its only day 22 today so i'm holding out for the weekend at least.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom