incubator with humidkit?

@jan61
I'm sorry to hear that you're not having good luck.
I went with the humidikit reading for humidity and the temp gauge on the incy. When I called and talked to Evan at Incubator Warehouse he said that was the most accurate of the 3 I had. I'll look when I get home but I think I had the humidity at 40%-45% till day 18 then at 70%-72% for lockdown. Temp was at 99.5f-100f (I set the min & max on the humidikit)
I started with 27 eggs, only 20 were viable hatchers and 19 hatched out. 17 made it thru. (one came out of the shell with the yolk sac torn and 1 only 1/2 out but I didn't dare open it to assist cause others were hatching)
I had farmyard mix eggs picked up from the neighbor (my next batch will be shipped eggs)
I did use distilled water and had to refill it about 1x weekly up to lockdown and 2x during lockdown. (my house is pretty dry)
Keep in touch... this was my only hatch so far out of it my guineas are lazy and not laying eggs yet. Hoping to get shipped eggs in the next week or so.

So did you only read the humidity on the kit and not on your incubator??? My guineas are not laying either ,but I never see them mate either

@jan61 correct. I stuck with the humidikit humidity reading. It was the most accurate of the 2 when I did an empty test run. the one on the incy seemed to vary too much for my liking. (the calibrated one inside the incy was within 1% of the humidikit reading) After I put eggs in though I didn't have room for the extra one inside.

Like right now Im doing a drive run before eggs again Quail Which I had a 99% right with out the humdit kit . Its says 48.1 (set at 50) inside reader says 55 acura,53on the spare reader, and pet readers says 58, and my incubator reads 57 This is which one do I follow.Should I call them or should I just go by the kit and put the other readers up and not stress over the others????

I would talk to the customer service people. they were pretty knowledgeable for me. I was told to go with the humidikit reading as it is the most accurate. Do you have both of your readers/(the wires from himidikit) in the same spot in incy? I did put mine in at different locations.

@IncubatorWarehouse.com any suggesstions?

Ya I will call them. I do have the readers at differt places in the incubator. I will see what they say I know not having to add the water is a blessing ,with work its hard somestimes . Hopefuuly your next will go well. We order quail eggs Have always done ours but wanted some new blood. I guess we let them sit for a few days after shipping Hope all goes well let me know I let you know when I set my 120 quails .

Ok. Yeah work gets in the way of my bird hobby :) sometimes I'm gone for 16-18 hour shifts so it makes it nice not having to worry about adding water. I did read about shipped eggs sitting for 24-48 hours, then candle to see if the air cell is intact. And someone was saying disinfecting with Listerine & water mix also helped their hatch. I am going to read more about that and maybe try it on 1/2 the eggs. See if it makes a difference. Best of luck to you!

We would love to help you out. Give us a call or email (sorry cannot share that info here, gotta keep the admins happy) and we will happily troubleshoot this with you. I have read over the posts and think it may be easier to diagnose via phone. Anyways, we look forward to hearing from you.

Back
Top Bottom